Brisbane Tool Library meeting
Meeting at the Burrow-West End
The Burrow West End
52 Russell St, West End. QLD
Ilab - The University of Queensland: Germinate Bootcamp Weekend
Samford Commons Maker Festival
Island vibe festival
Brisbane Tool Library workshop
Brisbane Tool LIbrary - General Meeting (second & last part)!
We have almost finalized the legal aspect of getting incorporated as not for profit association. Yey!!!
Please join the meeting in order to:
- vote for the constitution (that you must have received by email)
- vote for the committee members
- become officially part of the first group of members of this awesome project!
*If you didn't receive the email but you're willing to be part of our member mailing list, please contact sabrina.chakori@brisbaneto
Transition Town Kenmore: Brisbane Tool Library presentation
The Brisbane Tool Library is a social enterprise that will provide resources, such as tools and skills.
As a social enterprise the Brisbane Tool Library aims to:
1) Provide access to specialized tools where ownership of the tool is cost prohibitive
2) Enhance environmental sustainability, decreasing material consumption
3) Help building resilient neighborhoods 4) Employ disadvantaged people & create social stability
5) Move toward a new sharing and circular economy
Come and learn more about how to support this new enterprise at Transition Town Kenmore meeting at Kenmore Library Meeting Rooms. Free tea/coffee. All welcome.
9 Brookfield Rd, Brisbane
NENA - BrisLETS Market Showcase
Brisbane Tool Library will be there with a stall, approach and get to know more about our circular economy proposal.
QCA Galleries Griffith University
QCA South Bank Campus, 226 Grey Street, South Bank
New Economy Conference Australia
“Measuring what really matters: beyond GDP”
“From the Consumer Machine to the New Economy: How do we redefine progress and transition to an economy based on quality rather than quantity?” Panel discussion chaired by Anthony JAMES, Rescope Project– featuring: Michelle MALONEY and Stephen BRIGGS Australian Earth Laws Alliance; Mike SALVARIS, ANDI; Sabrina CHAKORI, Brisbane Tool Library and other speakers.
Griffith University Southbank Campus
11:00-12:00 Building S02, Room 6.37
We've been invited to present the Brisbane Tool Library at the She Skills shed. We support this kind of projects that nurture the DYO (Do Your Own) culture - repair, reuse, create! She Skills is also an amazing project that aims to empower all women with the skills and confidence to imagine, design and create great things.
First general meeting of the Brisbane Tool Library!
For the last 5 months many volunteers have been working in different teams, now, we will have the opportunity to all participate to the same meeting!
*FROM 6.30pm TO 7.15pm*
1st part of the meeting adressed especially to visitors & new volunteers:
- updates and general presentation of the project and of the different working groups. Time for questions and to discuss with the volunteers.
*FROM 7.15pm to 8.30pm*
2nd part of the meeting (internal discussion) will cover:
- discussion on the constitution to get incorporated as not for profit
- selection & vote of the commitee members
- distribution of other different roles (such as the volunteer coordinator, event manager and NGOs liaison)
The Brisbane Tool Library is a social enterprise and community hub that will provide resources, such as tools and skills.
Spread the word